Skip to content
- September 2018: ‘Women, legacies of racism, and birth control in Africa’ Contribution to University of Nottingham MOOC, ‘Learning from the Past‘, hosted by Future Learn.
- September 2018: Blog written for Nursing Clio, ‘At Your Service: The Role of the Historian in Contemporary Reproductive Rights Debates‘
- March 2018: I helped to curate a series of films in celebration of Women’s History Month at New Park Cinema (Chichester).
- November 2017: Interview on BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour, ‘Grace Mugabe: The Power Behind the Throne?, 16th November 2017, the podcast can be accessed here
- October 2017: Panel speaker at New Park Cinema (Chichester) in celebration of Black History Month.
- November 2016: Blog post written for ‘Perceptions of Pregnancy’ (a website that connects researchers of fertility, pregnancy and childbirth). ‘Fighting Fertility: Depo-Provera, South Africa, and the British Anti-Apartheid Movement’.
- July 2016: Forgotten Histories: Emily Hobhouse and South Africa’s Home IndustriesScheme’, public lecture delivered at Bloemfontein arts festival (Vrystaat Kunstefees).
- February 2015: Panel Speaker at ‘Who Wields the Whip? Sex and Power in 50 Shades of Grey’, University of the Free State. (Parts of my talk were reprinted in a regional Afrikaans newspaper, Volksblad,
- October 2014: Blog posts written for ‘History Matters’ (public history initiative at the University of Sheffield). ‘The Trial of Oscar Pistorius and Gender Based Violence in South Africa’, and ‘The PhD Saga: (Dr) Grace Mugabe and the Battle for ZANU-PF’, (with Helen Garnett).